Let's be honest ...
Super Bowl Sunday might as well be a national holiday.
Friends, family, & food ... sounds just like a holiday celebration to us.
Regardless of who you want to win the big game, we know you're pumped for some delicious Super Bowl foods.
We also know you're probably focusing on those New Years fitness goals you set just a few weeks ago.
Knowing that you have a Super Bowl celebration planned may cause a little anxiety when it comes to staying on track with your fitness goals.
We know this all too well ... so we put together something special for you!
In honor of Super Bowl Sunday, here's a few tasty, guilt-free recipes that will help you stay on track while watching the big game this weekend.
Air-Fryer Buffalo Wings
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 ½ to 4 pounds chicken wings, separated if necessary
- ½ cup buffalo-style hot sauce (such as Frank's RedHot)
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 stalk celery, cut into sticks
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F. Combine paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in a large bowl. Add wings and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Add half of the wings to the air-fryer basket; cook for 15 minutes. Turn the wings; continue to cook until they're crispy and a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 165 degrees F, about 5 minutes. Arrange the wings in a single layer on a baking sheet; transfer to the oven to keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining wings.
3. Cook hot sauce in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking often, until the mixture is smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Transfer the wings to a large bowl. Add the butter sauce and toss to coat. Serve alongside carrots and celery.
Serving Size - 6 wings + 1/2 cup veggies
Calories - 300
Protein - 29g
Carbs - 6g
Fat - 17g
Baked Zucchini Fries
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 up grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian spice
Lemon Parsley Aioli
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Slice the zucchini in half, then half again, then into quarters. You should have 16 slices per zucchini.
3. Crack the egg in a small bowl or container and lightly beat it.
4. Add the parmesan and spices to a separate bowl or container and stir to combine.
5. Dip a slice of zucchini in the egg wash and transfer to the parmesan. Use your other hand to coat the zucchini in the cheese and transfer to the baking tray. Repeat this process until all zucchini are coated.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through on the cut side. Serve immediately.
Serving Size - Full recipe
Calories - 157
Protein - 13g
Carbs - 6g
Fat - 9g
• 1 14-oz can artichoke hearts
• 1 10-oz package frozen spinach
• 1 8-oz package cream cheese (can sub low-fat or fat-free)
• 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
• ½ cup grated parmesan
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella
• 3 cloves garlic minced
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Drain and chop artichoke hearts. Thaw spinach in microwave for roughy 30 seconds. Then drain as much water and moisture from spinach as possible
2. Add cream cheese, yogurt, parmesan, and mozzarella to a large cooking pot. Heat until cheese is melted and make sure you stir often.
3. Stir in chopped artichoke, spinach and garlic to cheese mixture. Add salt, pepper and any other preferred seasonings as desired. Continue heating until dip is hot.
4. Serve with crackers, bread, or any veggies of choice!
Serving size - 1/4 cup
Calories - 240
Protein - 12g
Carbs - 13g
Fat - 11g
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- 8oz fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops strawberry protein powder
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Graham crackers
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 package sugar-free instant pudding (cheesecake flavor)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1. Melt cream cheese in microwave for 45 seconds
2. Combine all ingredients (except chocolate chips and graham crackers)
3. Place in freezer for 30 minutes
4. Take out and add chocolate chips
5. Roll mixture into 9 balls depending on how big you'd like them
6. Crumble graham crackers
7. Roll balls in graham crackers and enjoy!
Serving size - 2 bites
Calories - 100
Protein - 10g
Carbs - 8g
Fat - 3g
As always, we're here to help. If you need more healthy recipe ideas or nutritional guidance of any kind ... make sure to stop into your nearest Supplement Superstores! We'll make sure you're set up for success.