Now that the three day Holiday weekend is over, there's a good chance you are trying to settle back into a health and fitness routine.
With so many different diets, workout routines, and supplements out there ... it's very easy to over complicate your fitness when you're starting out.
Over complicating the process is one of the number one reasons people struggle with sustaining a diet and exercise program.
The best advice we can give you for starting back into your health and wellness ...
KEEP IT SIMPLE!
Health and fitness does not need to be complicated! In fact ... it can and should be very simple.
You can follow a strict diet, you can do an advanced workout plan, you can track every macro … and those things work!
However, an easy approach to fitness will almost always equal better results long term simply because it's a more sustainable approach.
If you think you are someone who might be overcomplicating things, here are 5 easy tips to simplify things:
1. DRINK MORE WATER – Being properly hydrated will help you burn more fat, build more muscle, digest food better and just naturally provide you with more energy for your day! Shoot for roughly 90-120oz. That alone can be the reason you see better results.
2. EAT MORE PROTEIN – Consuming the proper amount of protein is one of best things you can do to amplify fat loss and lean muscle growth! Protein can actually help you burn more calories! Shoot for a complete protein source every 2-4 hours and you will sky-rocket your progress!
3. SLEEP MORE – Maybe the most overlooked point on this list, but you could argue that it is the most important. Prioritizing quality sleep will help you recover, burn more fat, build more muscle, control your appetite, improve your mood and energy, optimize your hormone levels and literally improve almost every single aspect of your life. Do your absolute best to shoot for 7-8 hours per night!
4. MOVEMENT – You do not need to be a bodybuilder, powerlifter or CrossFit athlete. You simply just need to get up and MOVE. Of course, there are many benefits to resistance training, cardio, etc. But you can see results simply by getting more steps in throughout the day! If you give your movement of choice the proper effort and intent, it will work! Find some movement and exercise you enjoy, give it your all and be consistent with it! That’s all it takes.
5. FILL GAPS WITH SUPPLEMENTATION – There's a very good chance that there is a specific supplement to help you with what you are struggling with ...
If you don’t like the taste of water, maybe you need something to help flavor it. If you struggle with your protein intake, maybe you need a Sustained Assimilation Protein Shake to get the number up!
If you sleep poorly, maybe you need to reduce stress or look into a product to help you wind down at night. If you struggle to get up and move, maybe you need something to increase those energy levels and help you burn a few more calories throughout the day.
Supplements are tools to help you make this process easier and more efficient.
We could add a bit more to this list, but ultimately you just need to keep it simple and put in the work! You will be surprised how much progress you start to make!
If you need help with a customized plan or have any questions about diet or exercise, reach out to one of our Certified Sports Nutrition Specialists and they will help you out!
*This post was written by Andrew Lynn, who has a Bachelor's in Science Nutrition and Dietetics. He is also a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and NASM Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist.