I know when I first started my fitness journey ... I was obsessed with stepping on the scale.
It became an everyday thing, no matter how I felt about the progress I was making ... I let that number on the scale control me, and I'm sure you can relate.
It wasn't until further down the road on my journey that I realized there's many ways to track your fitness progress ... and that the scale certainly isn't the only way, or best way to do so.
I'm sure you've made some fitness resolutions for 2023, and tracking your progress is a big part of seeing the best results ... so here's 4 different ways you can track your fitness progress this year.
1. At-Home Scale - It's easy, we all have one ... and jumping on it to get a quick number takes seconds. But ... you must remember it's just a number. It isn't showing you muscle mass, body fat percentage, how much water you might be holding ... and multiple other factors that play a role in your weight.
All the following can affect your weight on a standard at-home scale:
- Hydration Levels
- Bodily Inflammation
- Stress Levels
- Sleep Quality
- Hormones/Menstrual Cycles
- Exercise (before or after a weigh-in)
- The food you ate prior or the day before
...and multiple other factors as well.
Many of these are completely out of your control and wouldn't be considered the type of weight gain you should be worried about anyways ... so there's no reason at all to let this number control your mindset.
2. Progress Pictures - One of the best progress tracking methods ... because it's hard to fake a picture. It can be difficult to see changes in your own photos, which I understand ... we're often the last people to notice our own results. But, if you're consistent with your progress photos ... there's no doubt you'll start to see change if you're putting in the work.
3. How You Feel - When you start your fitness journey ... it's easy to only pay attention to your physical progress. How you feel, your energy levels, your sleep patterns, your mood & mindset ... are all equally as important as your physical progress. In fact ... you'll start to notice these changes well before your physical changes in most cases.
4. InBody Scanners - My personal favorite progress tracking method ... because of its accuracy & ability to break down just about everything when it comes to tracking your progress. The Inbody Scanner uses state-of-the-art technology that can show your muscle mass, body fat percentage, how much water you're holding ... and can even be used to figure out how many calories you should be eating for your goals! It's the gold standard of progress tracking.
Unfortunately ... it's not realistic for most people to go purchase an Inbody Scanner for their home, given it's not a cheap piece of equipment. Many gyms will have Inbody Scanners available ... but it's not uncommon from them to charge $50 or more per scan.
You're in luck though, because all Supplement Superstores locations have an InBody machine located in their stores!
And to make sure you see the best results this year ... we want to hook you up with this coupon for a FREE Inbody Scan at any Supplement Superstores location!
Just show us this coupon in-store ... and we'll get you taken care of.
While you're in, don't forget to ask about our 8-Week $10,000 Operation Transformation Challenge!
You'll not only be able to use our Inbody Scanners to track your progress during the entire 8 weeks ... but you'll get FREE & INSTANT access to the following tools to help you crush your 2023 fitness goals:
... And the chance to win $10,000 for the best overall 8-week transformation!
We'll be awarding cash prizes to a 2nd & 3rd place winner as well ... and an ADDITIONAL $10,000 to the individual who makes the best transformation over this entire year!
Registration for Operation Transformation is now open and it's 100% FREE to join ... just click here for more information.
*This post was written by Andrew Lynn, who has a Bachelor's in Science Nutrition and Dietetics. He is also a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and NASM Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist.