Do you wake up after a full night's sleep and still feel exhausted?
Do you catch yourself yawning at work around 2:00pm everyday ... even after 3 or 4 cups of coffee?
Constantly feeling tired on a day-to-day basis can be very frustrating.
You probably think it's normal to feel this way, because most people you talk with feel the same.
It's so common in today's world that it even has a name ... and it's called Adrenal Fatigue.
It may even be the reason you're struggling to see consistent fitness results, especially when it comes to burning fat and building muscle.
Just because these are all common struggles, it doesn't mean you're supposed to feel this way ... or that you have to continue to deal with it.
We'll teach you exactly what Adrenal Fatigue is, and what you can do to fix it.
What is Adrenal Fatigue?
Your adrenal glands are responsible for the release of every major hormone in your body.
You want hormone production to be as optimal as possible. Proper adrenal gland function is a big key in doing so.
This will lead to more energy, better stress control ... and a much easier time seeing the best fitness results.
Overuse of caffeine, lack of sleep, and any other form of consistent stress can throw your adrenal glands out of wack.
That can lead to some very unpleasant symptoms.
What are the symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue?
There's a difference between being a little tired ... and suffering from full-blown Adrenal Fatigue.
Consider Adrenal Fatigue as a form of stress. Too much stress on the body is what creates these symptoms.
- Caffeine no longer having an effect ... no matter how much you use.
- Having trouble focusing
- Still feeling tired after a full night of sleep
- Trouble recovering from workouts
- Sweet and salty food cravings
- Feeling sick and rundown on a consistent basis
- Struggling to burn fat and build muscle
- Lack of motivation to do simple daily tasks
If you're going through this list and checking the boxes ... there's a good chance you're suffering from Adrenal Fatigue.
Though everything on this list is a pain to deal with, there are some simple fixes.
How to combat adrenal fatigue
These tips will help you fight the symptoms you see above ... and get you back to feeling the way you should.
1) Eat a Balanced Diet - You could argue this helps you feel better no matter what you're dealing with ... and it's true here as well. Focus on a high protein diet with good complex carbs, along with plenty of fruits and veggies. This will have you feeling better fast, especially if it's something you haven't been doing.
2) Minimize Caffeine - If you're not feeling the effects of caffeine anymore, no matter how much you use ... that's a tell-tale sign of adrenal fatigue. Overuse of caffeine can cause you to feel burnt out, leading to a lot of the issue we've mentioned. Limiting your caffeine intake can help quite a bit when it comes to feeling better.
3) Improve Your Sleep Quality - Poor sleep will stress your body out, faster than almost anything else. Even if you're getting enough hours of sleep ... that doesn't mean it's quality sleep. If you're constantly tired, take a look at your entire night time routine. Fixing your sleep quality may fix everything you're struggling with.
4) Minimize Stress - Like we said ... Adrenal Fatigue is a form of stress within the body. The more stress you deal with, the more likely you are to suffer from the symptoms. If you can manage your stress better, you'll notice huge improvements in how you feel.
Now … we know these fixes are easier said than done.
Even with working on improving these aspects of your life, you may need a little extra help.
That's where supplementation can play a big role.
Supplementing for Adrenal Fatigue
Multivitamin - You may not think it … but a simple multivitamin can be a huge help. You don't get every essential vitamin and nutrient you need through your diet. This adds up overtime … and can lead to you feeling rundown. Adding in a multivitamin could give your body exactly what it's missing, and help you feel much better on a day-to-day basis.
Cortisol Reduction Agents - Cortisol is another name for stress. These products help manage your stress levels ... keeping them lower and helping minimize the damage that high-stress causes. This can help prevent the symptoms of adrenal fatigue. Remember ... it's a form of stress. These products can also improve your sleep quality, which is a big key when it comes to looking and feeling your best.
Adrenal Fatigue Products - These are a unique blend of herbs designed specifically to improve the health of your adrenal glands. They can even help get rid those dreaded caffeine headaches, if you're cutting back on your caffeine use. These products can help restore your tolerance to caffeine as well, allowing you to feel the energy again ... without having to crank up the amount.
In Summary …
Feeling drained, rundown, and exhausted on a day-to-day basis is not uncommon ... but that doesn't mean it's okay.
If you tend to suffer from that rundown feeling, you may be dealing with Adrenal Fatigue.
Overusing caffeine, poor lifestyle habits, and any form of daily stress can beat down your body. This is what leads to those symptoms.
Working on changing your lifestyle should be your first step.
A balanced diet, better sleep habits and effective stress control ... all help tremendously when it comes to fighting Adrenal Fatigue.
Once you've made the effort to improve your lifestyle, supplements can help you take it a step further.
These specific products contain ingredients that improve your adrenal function ... and help you get back to feeling the way you should.
If you feel like you're struggling with Adrenal Fatigue, or you're just not feeling as good as you'd like to ... we can help.
Stop into your nearest S2 location and we'll make sure you get back to feeling your best.
*This post was written by Andrew Lynn, who has a Bachelor's of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics. He is also a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and NASM Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist.